Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

To Inveraray

It has probably been a decade since I was last in Inveraray. There are so many things I want to see in the area, so decided that this year, ahead of the Edinburgh Tour, I would spend a weekend. The trip from the airport is an easy 90 minute drive through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs and entering the Argyll Forest. Incredibly pretty. 

I am staying at Brambles, a quaint and charming inn on the main street. I had pre-arranged to meet colleague George Mackenzie for a catch up. Thanks to Inveraray's extensive dog friendly approach, I was also able to meet George's Border Terrier, Bramble (no connection to the Inn). Bramble is quite a star in the bistro. She particularly enjoyed her Canadian Bacon flavoured Northern Biscuits treats. 



It was a terrific opportunity to catch up with George who now runs a B&B on Seil (also dog friendly). After a couple of hours chatting, we wandered the streets and I was able to get some wonderful insights into the history of the area from George. 

Then it was time to check in to my room. After a sleepless night on the flight the bed looked awfully inviting. 



But not nearly inviting as the thought of a nice deep soak in the old claw tub. 





No comments:

Post a Comment