Pages

Thursday 7 September 2017

It's TIME!

As hard as it is to believe, it is time once again to be heading to Scotland! Again I am really looking forward to the adventure. 

I will be arriving a week ahead of the researchers. I will be heading up to Orkney to take in the sights, scenery and phenomenally preserved history. En route to Orkney, I will be at the Highland Tattoo in Inverness, enjoying a whip-round in Dornoch to drink in the history and then driving up through the strath to catch the ferry at Scrabster. 

Orkney will see a tour of the Naval Base at Lyness, the usual tourist places like Ring of Brodgar, Stenness, Skara Brae, Skaill House, the Italian Chapel. I hope to get some research time in Kirkwall and of course, there will be plenty of time to enjoy the tranquility and sense of community that is Orkney. 

From Orkney, it will be back to Edinburgh to get ready to meet this fall's group of researchers. We will start our time with the meeting of the Scottish Genealogy Society where we will learn about the genealogical gems available in Poor Law and High Court Records. 

I look forward to the genealogy adventures of the participants and the journey of connection to both their ancestors and their ancestral homeland. 

Follow us! I will be blogging daily, so long as Wifi allows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment